Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13Th


So, apparently what they say about Friday the 13th is not real. OK I have always known that, but today proves it. I had a chem quiz today. It was so easy! It made me happy. Although, the chem class I'm in is half organic half bio so I made a little dumb mistake that I knew better. I was asked to name the general name for a monosacchride. Of course, I went through one problem to fast. I said one was aldobutose when it was suppose to be an aldotetose! The prefix but means four in organic chem, but the prefix tet means four in bio chem. (which is what we are studying now.) oops! the teacher had a typo on the quiz too. She gave us a ring form of a monosacchride and we were suppose to name it. The only problem was that one certain one she gave us was not one the four most common monosacchrides, which are D-glucose, D-galactose, D-fructose and D-ribose. All in all the quiz went well.....as far as I know we wont be able to get them back until Tuesday.

I have to work valentines day so Tim and I planned on going out to eat. However he has been so busy with getting this Honda done he wasn't able to pull away. So I brought Chinese home for dinner. That is our favorite!! In between panting sessions we were able to enjoy dinner and just relax. Tim has this really old book that teaches you how to fold a dollar bill into many different things. We decided to try to create a frog. This did not work AT ALL!! The dollar bill we had was WAY to old, so it did not fold that great. After awhile we decided that we would try again later with a new crisp dollar. In retrospect Friday the 13th is not bad.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a nice valentines day sweetie, you deserve it. Mine sucked, I was sick all weekend. I missed Levis wedding. I heard it was real nice though, Levi sang a beautiful song to Sara and there wasnt a dry eye in the house. I didnt want to risk infecting Niki and the new baby. I am not looking forward to all the chem stuff,Yuk!

    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan told me she cried. I wanted to go. Im sorry you didnt have a good valentines day. I hope you get better soon. Organic chem is harder then bio chem. Bio chem is all memorization. I just make flash cards. lol

    ReplyDelete